Title: Marketing/Communications Coordinator
Reports to: EuroTeam Director
Position type: Volunteer or self-support
Based at: International OR GEM Europe Ministry Center – Kandern, Germany
Time commitment: Minimum 10 hour/week, more during high season (Springtime)
Provide marketing and communication support to the EuroTeam ministry. Duties include writing, website postings, general clerical, and project-based tasks. Interact with team members, church contacts, and ministry sites through email or phone in a friendly, helpful and welcoming manner.
Key responsibilities and accountability:
1. Research to identify team, staff, and volunteer recruit possibilities and short-term mission team opportunities.
2. Coordinate with GEM Mobilization Department on events including mission conferences, speaking engagements, school visits, Urbana and exhibits.
3. Develop marketing literature, ensuring valid, current and accurate content.
4. Planning and concept development and execution of print and media campaigns.
5. Monitoring EuroTeam’s communications plan and strategy for uniformity in message, including templates, tag lines, and logo usage.
6. Maintain EuroTeam’s Web site: up to date the opportunities, pictures, stories, announcements, etc. online once per week and keep stories and opportunities lists updated through interfacing with EuroTeam Leadership and Project Supervisors.
7. Produce a quarterly newsletter.
Marketing/Communications Coordinator Requirements:
Spiritually and emotionally mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with the challenges of ministry. Results-oriented with a positive outlook, committed to quality work. Reliable, forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view. Enjoys new challenges and responsibilities. Works well with others in a team environment. Self motivated.
Mature and responsible. Have flexibility and ability to commute to office as necessary. Able to do work from home. Able to access Internet from home as necessary.
Specific Job Skills:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages a benefit). Able to design and develop marketing literature, brochures, and web content using written and graphic design skills.
Adept in use of MS Office or similar software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation. Knowledge of Photoshop helpful. Familiarity with or ability to learn basics of email marketing tools (i.e. Mail Chimp, etc.) and web/blog publishing tools (i.e. WordPress, etc.). Adept at Internet and email usage.
Business and Organizational Skills:
Excellent telephone and e-mail communicator. Able to manage information gathering and project tracking. Experience in business support services would be useful.. Experience in database maintenance would be useful. Experience in customer service would be useful.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.